Quinoa and Black BeansPosted: December 28, 2012
This is the recipe that I made for our Christmas Mexican dinner. I found the original on allrecipes.com but I modified a little bit of it, so it is not the same one you will find there.
It is another easy, fast, good for you dish.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cinaltro
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro and heat through.